Thursday, July 8, 2010

I always have such ambitious goals for my blogs that I tend to neglect them because I don't think I have anything worth posting. Oh well. I think I'll just write from now on and not worry about my content flowing. I have a full time job, blogging shouldn't feel like one.

My life has felt so full here lately. I love it. I have spent pretty much every night working in my flowers and they really make me happy. Honestly, it's like I've built a relationship with my plants. When they are doing poorly I talk to them, I water them, I feed them, & I even sing songs about them to them. I don't know that it helps, but it makes me feel better anyway.

My mom was a florist for about 20 years and has really amazing flower beds at her house. She has carried home dying plants for years and revived them into really gorgeous flowers. She has also been known to find plants growing in the tree line on their property and transplant them in the yard. I'm terribly jealous, but she shares any plant she owns with anyone who asks. My parents neighbors are really lucky to have her.

My mom and I have been spending a lot of time together. I took her and my brother to Fall Creek Falls State Park on Monday since I had the day off. It was awesome! Did you know Fall Creek Falls (256') is the eastern United States' highest waterfall? And even more impressive I talked my mother (a non-hiker, actually non-active) into hiking to the base. It was a little strenuous coming back up, but I know she enjoyed it & I am very proud of her.

Okay, I just had to do a little more bragging on her. Now it's back to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment