Monday, July 19, 2010

Another Monday. Mondays after lazy weekends are always the hardest. Saturday I worked in the yard ALL DAY. I like to get started early in the morning and then I don't notice the heat as much. I installed my new shade bed- YES! Added a couple Japanese painted ferns and divided some of my largest hostas and relocated them as well.

Finished after 5 and I was hot! I talked the man & my brother into swimming out in pocket wilderness. The water is low, we need a good week's worth of rain. Seriously.

Sunday my brother and I went on a plant round up and hike. Got sweaty and then it poured down rain on me while I tried to plant them. I was so muddy & dripping when I finished that I had to change out of my clothes while standing in the tub.

Spent the rest of the day reading, drawing, folding laundry, and cooking up dinner using fresh produce from our neighbors garden.

I did find two blogs today via freckled nest and I really liked their content.

My Girl Thursday - The post I read today was all about tea. Very good & she makes some really nice aprons. I think I may ask Rob for one for Christmas... I have zero, but I need at least one right?!

Gussy - This post is about how schedules go out the window in the summer & some tips on how to keep them in check. It sorta gave me a kick in the pants. Also check out her wallets and bags... oh so lovely!

With that I'm out for lunch. I hope your Monday gets started off right!

1 comment:

  1. hi kellie! thanks so much for your comment on my guest post about tea at my girl thursday today. it was fun to be a guest blogger there :) and mondays are *always* hard, but especially so after a lazy weekend. easing into it while sipping iced tea may help? ;) hope the rest of your week goes well...

    thanks for reading!

    ~ ana

    ReplyDelete