Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh Christmas

Are you friend or foe this year? This year has no doubt been tough. It started off with my dear aunt passing and though nothing has happened quite so bad since it still has no redeeming qualities. Speaking of Sister, she is filling my thoughts more than ever these days. I think of her every day, but lately the frequency has reached an almost constant. I suppose the holidays remind us of those we have lost because holidays don't seem quite right with out them. Mine do not anyway...

Sister shined wherever she went, but it seems like she prepared for Christmas year round. A champion shopper, every sale was/is always an opportunity to mark a name off your list. For the past twenty some years I have received a Barbie Christmas ornament from her. I love getting them out. I take them all out and arrange them by type & then evenly distribute them on the tree. It is incredibly dorky, but I love them. I haven't put them on the tree in the past 2 years, mainly because we cut down our own trees & there are just not enough branches. I haven't been able to even get them out this year. I am really tired of being sad about this, but the pain is lodged in my chest with no chance of dislodging any time soon. fart.

Some things are looking up though. Rob's brother, sister-in-law, & niece are coming up for Christmas & I am so STOKED. Christmas gifts are purchased and wrapped!!

Rob selected and cut the Christmas tree for the last two Christmases, so this year my brother, Chloe, Jack & I found the tree. I took Chloe & Jack to my parents and we took a short walk to this tree. Chloe even posed proudly for a photo over the weekend- she "smiled" with her teeth showing!

Both dogs ran like wild animals out in the field at my parents' while we cut down the tree... Chloe did roll in some sort of poop though... it was both terrible and funny. She had it on her head down to her curly tail and had to be sprayed down with the hose. She smiled the entire time. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment